Air Ride Suspension Upgrade?

Everything to do with engines, options, upgrades.
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Air Ride Suspension Upgrade?

Post by HoosierB »

Has anyone installed a Firestone Ride-Rite air suspension for the rear axle? Wondering if this add-on will work on a 2001 Concourse XL (Ford E-350) with the Chinook installed MorRyde rear suspension. Has it made a noticeable improvement to your ride and handling? Any recommendations for a different make?
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
dougm

Re: Air Ride Suspension Upgrade?

Post by dougm »

Last edited by dougm on November 22nd, 2020, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Thanks dougm,

I have since come to the same conclusion and have been following your suggestion of a total replacement of the rear suspension with the Reyco RD800f package. I was in discussions with the Reyco rep today and it was funny how reluctant they are to steer you to a local dealer/installer. He kept saying "if you know someone, I can tell you if he is dealer..." If I'm gonna spend upwards of $4000 on a system, I need to know more...upfront.
Please keep your updates coming on this issue.
dougm

Post by dougm »

Last edited by dougm on November 22nd, 2020, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Yep, I found the Stengel Bros. site as well. Too bad those installation pics on the Chinook were so small.
I will wait to see how your install and ride improvement goes. Let's hope the kit meets your expectations...
robtbritn

Post by robtbritn »

dougm wrote:I ordered mine from stengel brothers after doing research and chatting with Reyco, Reyco will only sell via a distributor. I asked my local inland truck dealer to quote me a price and they quoted me over 5 grand for the same kit without the add ons that i got from stengel brothers. It doesnt matter who you order through because they are built to order, meaning Reyco will drop ship the product for the dealer once its ready. You will have to pick it up at a trucking dock or have a business they can ship to. Here is a link to Stengel Bros.
http://www.stengelbros.net/RD800F-Reyco ... _1587.html

By the way Reyco is in Missouri so thats where the kit will originate once it ships to you. I am currently in Nebraska so it will only take a day to get here once it ships, but i still have to pick it up at the trucking company dock.

Also if you search around on stengels web site you will find pictures of the kit they installed on a Chinook Concourse. I couldnt get the pictures to enlarge though so i had to look at them thumbnail size. Thats part of the reason i ordered from them as well, knowing i can call them if there are complications because they have actually installed the kit on the same vehicle as mine.

My kit is actually on order and paid in full so now its a waiting game, they said 4 weeks but i expect probably 5 weeks. I plan to take pictures when i install the thing so you may be best advised to hold off a while until i get mine installed. At this point i cant even testify to the quality of ride myself, i can only regurgitate what i have been told.
That is interesting, looking forward to your report on install and impressions on ride quality!
Robert Britton
2005 Glacier 4x4
Hollister, California
dougm

Post by dougm »