Exterior paint/graphics idea

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Blue~Go

Re: Exterior paint/graphics idea

Post by Blue~Go »

I like that better - lengthens it and "connects" the cab and RV body (to me, anyway).

I still wonder about a subtle pinstripe around the big stripes, maybe a taupe or something -- but then maybe that is counter to the simpler look you are going for?

The overcab is maybe slightly blank, but then any paint in that area really takes a beating from the sun, bugs, etc.

Maybe this is getting too much back to how it was, but I added a few light stripes. I only have the ability to draw very crude "arrow shafts" so it's not too sophisticated.
subtle mod.png
Here are a couple more -- not that I think you would necessarily like them, but just to see another concept that you don't typically see. I always wondered how this one would look minus the swoop (look the other way, Manitou :D ), but maybe with a subtle maroon pinstripe instead or etc.
paint job 2.jpg
paint job.jpg
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

I disapprove of that particular swoop. :(
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Added a thin white pinstripe within the main stripes/panels. Subtle, but adds a finished look. Retains a bit of the OEM design too.
Attachments
chinook-w-pinstrp-lo.jpg
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10