Remodeling "sink side" of kitchen in Concourse

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
kdarling

Re: Remodeling "sink side" of kitchen in Concourse

Post by kdarling »

I hate the three photo limit per post :D

For reference here's the unit I used. Note that it has outer hot and cold inlets which perfectly match the placement and connection of the ones on the original faucet, which greatly eased replacement. Versus say, a Moen or other brand which often come with long copper pipes in just a middle hole.
ebay faucet
ebay faucet
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Hey Blue, I ran across a modified '79 Chinook stove side picture I thought you might like:
image.jpeg
Obviously no generator blocking the fridge in this case.
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

That's slick. Really nice craftsmanship, indeed.
If there's one Chinook owner in this world who needs a compressor refrigerator, it's this guy.
1994 Premier
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

That is a nice re-do. I had saved photos of it a while back (it's a 1979 Chinook on a Dodge chassis). But fun to see it again and get the group's comments.

Scott: I see you noticed the big "chimney" behind the refrigerator :D You'd almost think it was a spice/coffee cabinet if you didn't know.

The sink side is also interesting, with a big indent to accomodate both the window and a higher sink counter. Actually, I'm doing something similar in my Chinook, but it'll be much less noticeable. By running the counter top just under the bottom edge of the window trim ring (so it can go right out to the window wall unlike this one). (Now the counter is lower and the backsplash goes up to the trim ring level), I can get a 34" high counter. That's quite a bit better than the stock which is something like 31-1/2 only! (In the Concourse, due to the big window.) I'll make the backsplash, which will be in front of the trim ring, removable in that section in case I/someone need to remove the window/trim ring.

Same rig, port side:
sink side.jpg
Since I have room for two more photos...

Has a sort of 3/4 size dinette:
dinette.jpg
Lineage is apparent, although most I've seen in that era have slightly raked windows (not straight, but not as raked as my era). I really like the ones that open from both ends. I guess they might have stopped doing that because, if I remember correctly, you aren't supposed have opening windows right above water heater/furnace exhausts.
driver's side.jpg
Okay, out of photo space for one post.
1999 Concourse