Interior and Exterior Projects

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Blue~Go

Re: Interior and Exterior Projects

Post by Blue~Go »

deppstein wrote:...was 1963 and for $113 my dad bought me a Sailfish kit that was pre-cut marine ply with ribs, keel strip, mast-step, railings, dagger board, tiller, with that lanteen rig and all hardware. I sailed it on Lake Michigan for years. Fond memories...
How neat that sounds! So you had the experience of building it AND sailing it. Super cool. The first boat I ever sailed was sort of the poor stepchild to that one: A styrofoam "Snark" type boat (sail logo of "Kool" cigarettes and or another one that was a "Sunflower") that some neighbors had brought around to a lake where we were in summer (Wisconsin). Kind of a foam bathtub with a lateen rig. But how fun it was! I absolutely begged my parents to get one (they cost the astronomical seeming amount of $250), but no... we stuck with our wooden rowboats and small skiffs. Of course what that did was make me determined to sail as soon as I could (later on in life).
1999 Concourse