Love it, but it had to go.......

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Love it, but it had to go.......

Post by 68camaro »

Title is definition of "click bait"....lol

I am not referring to my beloved Concourse, but instead my Tire Safe TPMS. The system works great, the main unit has no problem syncing with the tire vale pressure monitors on each tire valve, and it does exactly what it is supposed to do flawlessly.

However, the weak link with an external TPMS is the valve extenders needed to use the system, especially on the duallies. I have had problems with 4 of the 6 extenders loosening and partial or totally flat tires. I carry a valair 12v air compressor which air tires up quick, but on the duallies you cannot tighten the extenders without removing the wheel, this just became to big of a hassle.

So for now, I will just use the old school method of checking air in tires at fill up and beginning of trips with old fashion tire gauge.

If anyone know how to stop extenders from loosening let me know.

Thanks
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Jlfchinook

Re: Love it, but it had to go.......

Post by Jlfchinook »

Have you tried locltite 222, it is used when you need to be able to remove item, holds against items coming loose.
2000 Concourse, 2001 premier
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Jlfchinook wrote: May 8th, 2023, 8:38 am Have you tried locltite 222, it is used when you need to be able to remove item, holds against items coming loose.
Good idea, I have used loctite blue in past. Any reason to choose the 222 over the blue (242)?
Jlfchinook

Post by Jlfchinook »

It is a lower strength, less likely to twist valve stems when removing extensions.
2000 Concourse, 2001 premier
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Jlfchinook wrote: May 8th, 2023, 2:24 pm It is a lower strength, less likely to twist valve stems when removing extensions.
Nice, I'll try on front and test for awhile before going thru effort on rear - thanks