MORryde Shocks

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Skillet

MORryde Shocks

Post by Skillet »

My MORryde shocks are about non-existant. They're badly torn and I'm sure do nothing at this point. They've been like this since I bought the rig last year. I actually didn't know what they were until I came here. I finally ordered a set and they came in yesterday. My next step is to make arrangements with a shocks company up the road to install them. I'm curious to see how the ride changes. I've always thought it was a nice ride for something of its size. Maybe not rock back and forth as much when I take bumps and driveways at an angle?
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Re: MORryde Shocks

Post by HoosierB »

Skillet, I had the MORryde system replaced on my '01 Concourse last fall. Mine were sheared (torn), made a harsh "metal clank" sound when hitting bumps. Having the MORryde replaced along with new shocks and tires made a big difference. You should be good to go! BTW: Make sure the installers know what they're doing.
I'm still looking into the possibility of installing an "air ride shock system" in conjunction with the MORryde.
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Concourse

Post by Concourse »

HoosierB - I had a 2004 Concourse which had the Mor/Ryde rear suspension, Bilstein shocks, and a previous owner had installed Firestone RideRite air bags. Drove it all over the US including lots of twisty roads and mountains passes. I can't speak to how it rode or handled before the RideRite bags. I always felt that this Concourse handled very well for a top heavy 10,000 pound+ RV. I usually only put 30psi in the bags (which is the recommended minimum to avoid damaging the bags) as I didn't overload the RV with baggage and didn't tow with it (tongue weight). I did drive it with 50 or more psi once when I needed the increased ground clearance for the plumbing and rear step where I was going that day and it felt similar to 30psi in ride and handling but more feel of the bumps (full bags = less shock travel).
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Concourse,
Good input/info on the Firestone RideRite, which is what I was looking into. Sounds like it could only help... not hurt. Thanks
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

HoosierB: Sounds like I'm in for a much smoother ride soon. I haven't heard any of the metal clanks, but mine is sheared to hell. MORryde actually located a shop that was closest to me that they authorized to do the work. Turns out it's 20min away but it's at least a shop *they* trust. I just have to make an appointment that'll fit my schedule. Probably the last week of this month.
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Skillet: just be sure you're sitting down when told the cost for parts :o
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Oh, I'm already over the sticker-shock. I ordered them through MORryde. $324. And another $225 for installation. Glad I got a good tax return...
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Got the springs (not shocks according to the shop) installed yesterday after many delays. The ride improvement is very noticeable and improved. Never have driven something as big/heavy as the Chinook before, so I never knew what I was missing. It kind of dipped and swayed some when going over bumps but I thought that was part of a heavy vehicle. Now that they are installed, it's such a smoother ride. Labor was cheaper than quoted too. $173
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

Would someone please post a photo of where the MORryde Shocks are located? I've been underneath the Chinook looking but I don't really know where and what to look for. Thanks.
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

It's dark out right now and if I remember tomorrow after work, I'll post some pics. If you look at either rear tire area, it's the big rubber block going towards the front. It's very near the tire that you can see if you get down on your knees.