club chairs for 2001 Concourse

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
VTSweetpea

club chairs for 2001 Concourse

Post by VTSweetpea »

We really want to convert our dinette to swivel club chairs and I'm having a heck of a time finding chairs that will fit. Since it seems that no one is getting rid of their Chinook chairs, I figured we'd just purchase some small Flexsteel barrel chairs and install them on boxes. Unfortunately, Flexsteel just informed me that they have recently obsoleted the small chairs I was considering. So now I don't know what to do.

Has anyone installed a club chair set-up? If so, what kind of chairs did you use?

Thanks.
2001 Concourse 4x4
Blue~Go

Re: club chairs for 2001 Concourse

Post by Blue~Go »

I was just at Bradd & Hall's website yesterday looking at something, and noticed they mentioned the small barrel chairs are being discontinued. That said, they say "new model coming late summer 2016."

Apparently (according to someone whose name I have forgotten :oops: Bud, maybe? ) these are not the same as the original barrel chairs, but they sure look similar in viewing them online.
1999 Concourse
VTSweetpea

Post by VTSweetpea »

Thanks a lot, Blue. Was hoping to do the switch before a late fall trip but guess that's not gonna happen....

FYI - I think I might have posted this question in the wrong section. Maybe it should have gone in the Appliance/Interior area??
2001 Concourse 4x4
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

I recently visited Bradd & Halls showroom, in Elkhart, to look at some Flexsteel captain's chairs and upholstery samples. They informed me that the major manufacturers, such as Flexsteel, are scaling back production of the universal (aftermarket) "smaller furniture" found in most Class B/B+ due to small demand. They suggested I should consider having my existing captain chairs reupholstered (sigh). As far as barrel chairs, there are a few websites that offer "recycled RV furniture" when units are upgraded. Keeping an eye out to buy "used" and then recovering to your taste may be a way to go.
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

Close enough for ya? If so, let's chat...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=381
1994 Premier
VTSweetpea

Post by VTSweetpea »

Just sent you a private message, Scott.
2001 Concourse 4x4
VTSweetpea

Post by VTSweetpea »

Thanks, HoosierB. Was figuring we'd have to get used, but I've been looking for the past few months and haven't found anything. So the search continues.....
2001 Concourse 4x4
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

VTSweetpea... just curious, what "color" fabric are your dinette cushions?
VTSweetpea

Post by VTSweetpea »

HoosierB - the dinette seat cushions are tan.
2001 Concourse 4x4
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

VTSweetpea wrote:HoosierB - the dinette seat cushions are tan.
I sent you a PM.