Better Sewer Hose Storage

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Chinookers
**Forum Contributor**

Better Sewer Hose Storage

Post by Chinookers »

Replaced sewer hose storage pipe with Super Slider from D&W Inc. http://www.dwincorp.com/products/125/NE ... SUPER-TUBE

This unit has an inner diameter of 4.5/8" allowing for bigger fittings. Also has a hinged hatch-type closure rather than screw in plug of original fitting.Image

While I was at it, I also replaced the black and gray dump valves. The old ones were starting to be difficult to operate.

Manitou
Site Admin

Re: Better Sewer Hose Storage

Post by Manitou »

Thanks. Is it the shorter length option or one of the 2 slightly longer ones?
What length sewer hose fit in there too? (I'm due for a new hose and would like to get the best one I can)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I've been happy with a Valterra Dominator sewer hose I bought a couple of years ago to replace the typical one. Can't say as it has dominated anything :lol: , but it's very sturdy, and the thing I really like about it is that it will stay "crinked" wherever you set it, even in use. So in other words, if you have a 10' hose, you can "crumple" it in to say, 6' long and use it like that without the entire thing flopping around. Then you can completely "crink" it in for storage, and again it stays that way.

I mounted a 64" long Valterra EZ hose carrier in place of the stock hose carrier (the underneath mounted one not the one built into the wall), and I have a 10' Valterra Dominator hose. Both the hose and the ends easily fit into the EZ tube. I could carry a longer hose as the 10' when "crinkled" is nowhere near as long as the EZ hose tube. I'd be pretty darned sure a 15' Dominator would fit. (Okay, went and looked. Specs say the collapsed 10' hose is 35" long. So a 15' would fit in the 64" EZ tube but not a 20')

I just went and looked at the carrier that Andrew linked to above. Looks nice! I will keep that in mind if I ever want to replace the EZ tube (which is nothing special, but does the job just fine). Manitou, it looks like the middle bear would be the one to get. It goes from 43" to 80". I have a 64" EZ tube (fixed length) and it fits fine but probably could be a bit longer - not a huge amount though. So 43" to 80" seems like a good range. But of course let's see what size Andrew put in.
1999 Concourse
Chinookers
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Chinookers »

I installed the shorter length (33/60).

I have a Camco Revolution hose ... 20' in two 10' lengths.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Where do you guys store the elbow at the end of the hose? Mine does not come off the hose easily.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
tjmackle

Post by tjmackle »

I keep mine in a 1 gallon zip lock bag which fits nicely in the stoage bin.
tjmackle 1999 E350
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

Mine was in the side battery compartment, all open and loose, yuk!
PO really didn't care about cleanliness I guess. I just bought a new Valterra storage lid since mine was missing. I have that 90 degree end as well, and I will be taking that off and storing the hose in the carrier and either using a freezer bag to store it in or just insert the straight end into the dump hole.
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Astrodokk wrote: April 14th, 2019, 5:25 pm...or just insert the straight end into the dump hole.
That's what I do so I don't have to carry an elbow, which is harder to store. I think one would want an elbow for longer term hookups, but I only use the hose to dump so it never stays unattended in the sewer hole.
1999 Concourse