Chinook Destiny elect space heater

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
LarryG

Chinook Destiny elect space heater

Post by LarryG »

I've been thinking about using a small electric space heater in my Chinook, 110 v style. Many of these are rated 1000-1500 watts. Using shore power, would these ratings work ok in this rv?
Skillet

Re: Chinook Destiny elect space heater

Post by Skillet »

I have a small, 1500w space heater that I keep stored under the dinette seat during the warm weather. When I'm parked at home (hooked up) in cold or hooked up elsewhere, I keep it plugged in and running 24/7. I do keep it around 60-70 tho since I'm not in there when at home. This is year 2 doing that and it's been no problem. I open the bathroom door and the door to the fresh water tank/pump.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
LarryG

Re: Chinook Destiny elect space heater

Post by LarryG »

That's great news, and with the use of a good-sized electric space heater. With most if not all of these Chinooks being 30-ampers, I wasn't sure how many watts could be used in isolation (with nothing else significant using AC shore power at the same time). Our unit is winterized but since it's at home, and this is our first winter with it, when the winter temps get into the single digits I like to add a little heat around the fresh water tank, bathroom, and kitchen areas.