Willy's Mods Phase 2!

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
SMan

Re: Willy's Mods Phase 2!

Post by SMan »

I installed the window visors last year and like being able to have the window cracked without rain pouring in. When we bought our Chinook my cousin gave me the screens that are about 4" high that you can roll the cab windows up against and allow airflow without bugs. They fit in the window tracks and have aluminum frames.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

SMan wrote:When we bought our Chinook my cousin gave me the screens that are about 4" high that you can roll the cab windows up against and allow airflow without bugs. They fit in the window tracks and have aluminum frames.
Are these available... or custom? :?:
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Those screens do sound interesting - so I'd like to hear about them too!

The linked rain guards were not available (well, not from Amazon anyway); anyone have another set they would recommend (or warn against)?

BG

PS: Willy, Okay, now I remember/see you do have a side-entry. I forgot you were the "Ikea makeover" man :D
1999 Concourse
SMan

Post by SMan »

I'll snap a picture of the screens and post in the next few days. I'll also ask my cousin where they came from.

These are the vent shades I installed :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J ... UTF8&psc=1
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

Blue~Go wrote:The linked rain guards were not available (well, not from Amazon anyway); anyone have another set they would recommend (or warn against)?
:oops: Sorry about that. I figured they'd be back available soon since they kind of come and go. They fit well and take only a second to install. Only drawback is they make the A-pillar fatter, so visibility is slightly reduced.
1994 Premier
Willywalderbeast

Post by Willywalderbeast »

Got the seat brackets fixed (they arrived broken) and ready to go. Also started mounting the hardware for the roof rack!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Willywalderbeast wrote:Oh also got the Sienna seats in!
How much were the base adapters?

Any problems with the seat belts or anything else? (doesn't the driver belt have to swap sides?)

Thanks!
Kev
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I'll be interested to hear where Willy got the bases and the process. When I bought them (a couple of years ago and then I didn't end up using them), I read through the instructions (included photos) and while it looked like there was a fair amount to do (including small metal cuts, etc.), none of it looked too hard. Just methodical this and that and checking off a list.

The bases I bought had you remove the Sienna seat belts and use the stock Ford belts and Ford pre-tensioner. (I think that might be necessary to keep the air bag system functioning correctly.)
1999 Concourse
Wonderingsol

Post by Wonderingsol »

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to ask if you ended up with the 285/70/17 all the way around? Sort of looks like the tears are wider than the fronts. Maybe just an illusion due to the DRW. I getting the 6” Baja Grocery Getter for my rig and the recommend 235/85/16 but that’s a little to short and skinny for my taste. Did you need to trim your wheel wells at all to run the 285/70/17’s.
Willywalderbeast

Post by Willywalderbeast »

I’m running 255/80 R17. On dodge dually wheels. They are a tight fit but I’ve have put almost 40k on this setup.