Bathroom Upgrades/Mods

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Bathroom Upgrades/Mods

Post by pdemarest »

Hoosier - just when I thought I had run out of future projects for my rig you put all these great bathroom remodel ideas out here. Made the mistake of showing them to my wife and now there will be no peace until we get a Corian countertop, stainless sink with a mirror above. Hopefully once she sees what I've spent on the solar power system and bed/cab remodel and new fridge she'll ease up on this project!
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

pdemarest - I've searched everywhere for a stainless steel basin that would fit (mostly RV and Marine suppliers). The smallest size I found is a 9.5" diameter that requires a 8" cutout. The inside measurement (front to back) of the Chinook's sink is about 8.5". It would be a REALLY tight fit having to allow room for countertop edge, etc. Personally, I really like what you did with that countertop overlay. :D

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G6JDX8U/re ... 4XEI&psc=1
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
SMan

Post by SMan »

How about an under-mount sink?

https://www.amazon.com/Ruvati-RVM4119-U ... s+bar+sink

Thinking even further out of the box you could convert a stainless surgical bowl into a sink.......

Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Bar/Prep sinks... and surgical bowls.... excellent ideas.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Scandvik makes some very nice boat sinks (and showers, etc.). I was eyeing them up for my kitchen sink because I didn't want the standard 22+
" depth of a household sink and I was looking for something with a single (or at least large and small) bowl that would fit the original cutout in the Corian. Ironically, they were all too shallow! (Front to back.)

At any rate, they have a round sink that is sliiightly smaller than the one you found, but maybe still not small enough. Probably oval would be better. It's their model 10924 and is 9" overall and 7-3/4" cutout. It's round not oval.

http://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm/metho ... s/id/4.htm

I only use the sink to put things in from time to time, so I like the original rectangular shape and the lack of rim, etc. Only thing is I have to be careful not to scratch it, so in that way brushed stainless would be nicer. (I wash my hands in the "wide-open spaces" of the kitchen/sink :D)
1999 Concourse
Cozimoto

Post by Cozimoto »

.... and I was happy with my little vent/light upgrade :lol:
Attachments
IMG_7492.JPG
~Cozette~
'95 Chinook Concourse
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Hey, that's great! You get the full-sized vent AND lights (and they are LED). (On the stock unit, the built in lights block around 30% of the normal vent area, plus unless you change bulbs or etc. they are not LED.)
1999 Concourse
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Cozimoto...I like your LED vent light mod!

Anybody know if there is room above the fiberglass ceiling to fish wire? The misses wants LED puck lights on the ceiling above the sink area to be activated by a wall switch.
BATH-PUCK-LIGHTS.jpg
BATH-PUCK-LIGHTS.jpg (59.78 KiB) Viewed 1854 times
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

HoosierB wrote: Anybody know if there is room above the fiberglass ceiling to fish wire? The misses wants LED puck lights on the ceiling above the sink area to be activated by a wall swich]
Yeah, it's pretty easy to wire a wall switch, and functionally it's much better. I think I posted on it several months back. It's a great entry light as well since I don't have a bathroom door. Your puck lights would be slick.
1994 Premier
Cozimoto

Post by Cozimoto »

Mine was a simple purchase from Camping World but on the '95 Concourse the 12vdc wires were on the back outside corner with a nice gap between the fiberglass bath and the outside hull, I'd say it would be easy to fish them through with the garnish removed.
Attachments
IMG_7494.JPG
~Cozette~
'95 Chinook Concourse