Bathroom Upgrades/Mods

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Cozimoto

Re: Bathroom Upgrades/Mods

Post by Cozimoto »

HoosierB wrote:Clay: Thanks for the "ceiling bracket" info! The local home improvement store sells that exact item. I will pick it up tomorrow.
Per chance could you name the "local home improvement store"??? Mine too is cracked and broken.
~Cozette~
'95 Chinook Concourse
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Cozimoto wrote:Per chance could you name the "local home improvement store"??? Mine too is cracked and broken.
It's a midwest franchise, "Menards". I picked one up for $3.95.
The brand name of the product is CeilingMax Acoustic Ceiling wall bracket (part number 150-008). It's made of white PVC.

If not Menard's, you may have better luck ordering the part from Amazon, as Clay pointed out. About $5 plus $10 shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H ... UTF8&psc=1
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

The internal and external shower heads on my new-to-me '98 Concourse don't work. The faucet in the bathroom works, but the diverter that sends the water to the shower head won't stay. It keeps snapping back down. The outside shower is just a trickle, not a spray. I opened the back storage compartment, saw the plumbing, and am ready to begin trouble shooting. Any recommendations?
Beaver
'98 Concourse
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

A couple of thoughts/questions to start:

1) If the water is only a trickle, the diverter might not be broken. I've noticed that even on "house" showers the diverter will fall back down if the water pressure is low.

2) Do you have good water pressure/flow elsewhere? Such as at the kitchen sink? Toilet?

3) Presume pump is on. Can you hear it running?
1999 Concourse
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

Thanks, Blue. I just discovered the pressure issue myself. The kitchen faucets were working fine. That's why I thought it was a supply line issue to the back of the coach. Nope. I just didn't turn on the water far enough to get good pressure. The bathroom diverter works fine, and the outside shower works too - when you push on the side button. I do think I'll replace the shower head hoses and heads with an Oxygenics kit.
Beaver
'98 Concourse
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Nothing like an easy fix. Great to hear it!
1999 Concourse
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I got the Oceanair dryroll, but I wish I see this one earlier:
If the image does not show up, you can do a search on "CTU BroHall Wall Mounted Waterproof Paper Holder"
Here is one on Amazon, and it is ~$14. It is not the best color, and it is not recessed like the DryRoll, but it is more reasonably priced.

If you mount the Oceanair Dryroll in the wall, you will lose 3 inch of space behind it. Not too bad.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis