Beds

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Manitou
Site Admin

Beds

Post by Manitou »

Those of you with the older style dodge chinooks. Do you sleep up top or down on the couch?

Those of us with the newer style chinooks, what is comfortable for you?

I still kick around the idea rebuilding the entertainment area into an extending sleeping bunk like the older style units. Just not sure I can do it on my own or not. I'm sure I can year it all out... It's the rebuild (and look decent) that has me scared.
(Wanted to ask this on the yahoo group but can't figure out how to get logged back in.. Used to use a Google login I thought)
chinook440

Re: Beds

Post by chinook440 »

The overcab bed in my old chinook is good for storing bedding and that,s about it really.

There,s only about a foot or so of vertical clearance up there.

I,ve climbed up there and layed down before and it feels fairly comfortable as long as you don,t move at all , it would be ok for small kids or emergencies is about all.

My jackknife couch is pretty comfortable though , it has a firm foam base and was made without the 3 segregated sections like alot of RV,s have from the factory .

i also have a custom made mini dinette that converts into an extra bed when needed as well.
Attachments
almost004.jpg
Manitou
Site Admin

Re: Beds

Post by Manitou »

And how much would you charge to do mine? Some hardwood floors too!? :-)