Mor Ryde need repair

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Mor Ryde need repair

Post by chin_k »

My wife and friends call that stubborn. :oops:

I drove about a thousand miles on the new asymmetrical springs (#10 on right, #02 on the left), and it is a improvement over the trip we took last time when I did not realize that the Morryde was broke. Much less shaking, and smoother ride. But I don't know if this is because the road in Arizona is in better shape than ours. Things inside the coach also seems to rattle much less.

It is probably not worth my time to spend all that time on this for the repair, but I will definitely get new spring for it and replace it with Morryde next time. My mechanic want me to look into other options but I think it is acceptable for me. The good thing is that when I have to do it again, it will be much easier. Definitely will try to get a helper if I want to make it quicker job.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Well, after coming back from the trip, I found the old side finally broke. The good news is that it is the easier side to fix, but the bad news is I have not got the replacement for both sides like I thought I would. So I have three options. Either replace it with a MO-10, a MO-02, or do both side with a DSR.

Before I start calling the manufacturer, I wonder if any of you have an old Mor Ryde that you took off when replacing yours that I can buy off from you? The one I got last year still looks pretty good.
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

Hey Chin, did you finally end up with the DSR replacement? Mine are shot, and are the same type you had, with the bolted plates, not bonded, and it has a 2 stamped on it.
I think I'll just order the DSR108-75 pair from MORryde and use Eastside Automotive and Tire in Kirkland to install them. They told me they prefer customers buy what they want and they will install. They also do lifts so I will get a consult about that too unless the new rubber leafs pep up the rear enough so that it doesn't hit when I go over driveways!
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I did not get the DSR. I am fortunate that two members here were kind enough to send me the springs and I installed them myself. They were original, and seems to be working well after two years. I will get the DSR when I am running out of options.