Lighting

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Wolfy

Lighting

Post by Wolfy »

Hello all, new to the website, purchased a 1999 chinook concourse this spring didn't know much about the RV or RVing to be frank. After a year of upgrading chasic, drive train and lighting i figured i submit a post.

One thing i was having issue with imeaditly was mirrors, constantly moving, a quick tightening helped alot, second was lighting, headlamps we're fogged and bulbs needed upgrading, replaced the lenses and upgraded to Phillips extend a view, this help a ton, another issue i had was the rear was dark when looking out the rear view mirrors night driving, i added LED running lamps to the bumper ends, another improvement. I always liked a tractor trailer all lite up on the highway, not that i wanted to do this to our RV (wife would kill me) but i wanted to upgrade all lighting to LED, i found Part AM has really cool LED running and clearance lights so i replace all the stock clearance light with high quality lights.
Still on the fence with my front clearance light appearance, but they do look nice light up at night. I also purchased some front tractor cab clearance lights, 9in long, scary, will need to cut the front roof rack and mount on the flat roof surface, again accessing this change.
Replaced all tires, changed all fluids, shocks i went with Belstein comfort ride, worked in a suspension shop and knew what i wanted for highway travel and road gaps, they did the trick, some body roll but absorbe the small bumps when running down the road very nicely.

Projects for this winter, under carriage restoration, replace brake lines, front wheel bearings, up grade sound system, video and possible satellite all out dated. Hope i wasn't to long winded for first time post

I will try to post some pic of anyone is interested
Skillet

Re: Lighting

Post by Skillet »

Welcome and we do love pics so post as much as you want. What part of the Country are you in?
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Post by pdemarest »

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're off to a good start with your modifications. I too went with the Bilstein Comfort shocks and am very happy with the improved ride. Also changed out all the interior lighting with LEDs as well as the porch and awning lights. Not real happy with the LEDs inside as they turned out to be super blue-white. Every time I turn one on I feel like I'm standing in front of a landing 747. Way too bright and still looking for inexpensive LEDs that give off a warmer light but they seem to be real expensive.

Keep us posted on your improvements.

Paul
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Will get some pic posted a.s.a.p. From Pennsylvania Berks/Lancaster county line, omish country!
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Finished up the rear clearance lights last evening
Attachments
IMG_2578.JPG
IMG_2579.JPG
IMG_2576.JPG
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Very nice! Love the extra lights.

I just cleaned up and resealed all mine; was originally hoping to use some fancy flexible light strips until I found out about large vehicle lighting requirements.

Hey, by any chance does your Chinook still have the twp paper paint code labels in the driver door jamb? If so, would you please post the label codes and/or photos? Thanks!

Kev
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

It does, i looked at them, may not be legible anymore, if so will surely shoot a pic
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Wolfy wrote:Will get some pic posted a.s.a.p. From Pennsylvania Berks/Lancaster county line, omish country!
Awesome! I hope to make an overnight trip up there for some of that great home cook'n.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...