Concourse mouse prevention

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Concourse mouse prevention

Post by chin_k »

I will probably go with something similar to your setup, Scott, but mine has the dump valve switches in there right now. I cut off the actuated valves' wiring on my first camping trip with it, and manually operated them due to lack of knowledge that I need to put the key on ACC/Ignition position. I probably end up removing the switches, but not completely sure about doing that right now.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Roger D

Post by Roger D »

Thanks for all the great detail and pictures. In my career days I had some involvement with pest management. I was informed that the mouse issue is often a result of young weaned mouselets that are wandering looking for new abode of their own. These wanderers are young and half the size of adults. Their skulls aren't full size and they only need a hole the size of a pencil. The dime size hole may relate to adults.
Zesiviul

Post by Zesiviul »

I use to have squirrels chewing on water hoses, tractor plastic parts, electrical wiring, etc. Found moth balls from Walmart work great keeping these critters away. I just throw several bags under camper and my tractor and critters stays away. They recommend these at one campground in Florida to keep cotton mouths from underneath camper. just take cheap glad plastic containers and put moth balls inside and when your ready to leave just snap lid back on container and save for next trip.

It's simple but it works.