Storage area for pdf's, doc's, etc..
Concourse

Marksman keyless entry

Post by Concourse »

Marksman keyless entry
Attachments
MarksmanM2-KeylessEntry1.pdf
(43.63 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
retiredtim

Re: Marksman keyless entry

Post by retiredtim »

Concourse,
Did you install keyless entry yourself? If so can you tap into wires in the door handle?
retiredtim
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

Has anyone out there tried to install a keyless entry system?
Concourse

Post by Concourse »

Factory option, I did not install it. I don't own the coach anymore or I would map out the wiring connections for you.

Here's a photo of the Marksman unit mounted and the thin red/blue/black wiring. Looks like some wiring goes to the door (original masking tape).
Attachments
DSCN3679.jpg
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

Thanks for the post, not sure what I'm looking at. Bought a cheap system on ebay and tried to tap the wires from the drivers door but didn't work. Have you retired from RVing?
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I have a request - just meant in the nicest way, not as a mean criticism. Since this is the reference forum (for posting manuals, codes, and etc), would it be okay to take discussions and how-to questions to a new thread in the main forum? A new thread could be started there, with a title something like "Marksman or other keyless entry questions" and then take it from there (with a link from here if you want to get fancy).

Again, I don't mean to stifle anything, but just to try to keep the reference forum for documents and reference data, so that folks coming here for such don't need to sift through other discussion. I hope it comes across as I mean it because "other discussion" is what we're here for! But just... in the other areas of the forum.

BG
1999 Concourse
Concourse

Post by Concourse »

Agreed. I would create a new thread in a different area if I had questions but new users won't likely know to do that. Other forums choose to lock threads like these reference material threads OR forum moderators will move discussions to the appropriate areas.
red_land_baron
**Forum Contributor**

Post by red_land_baron »

I posted a blurb, diagram and description about my keyless entry system (in the wrong place) in Trip Talk - "What are the chances" in response to mods I have made to my 2000 diesel Concourse. If need be, I can re-post here.

RLB.
2000 7.3l diesel Concourse