|Bathroom faucet

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
Rzee

|Bathroom faucet

Post by Rzee »

I inherited a 1976 Chinook with 18,000 miles and is in fantastic condition except that both hot & cold lines at the bathroom faucet are leaking. I managed to cut them and plug them off until I figure out how to get the sink out to replace the old faucet and lines. The only access I see is a small door on the left of the back entrance (before the bathroom door) but is not big enough to reach in with a wrench to undo the faucet. Has anyone here have any knowledge or experience on how to remove the bathroom faucet?
Blue~Go

Re: |Bathroom faucet

Post by Blue~Go »

Welcome!

A '76 with 18k? Wow, talk about low mileage! Must be on the Dodge Tradesman chassis? (Presuming it's an 18+ and not a Toyota pop top.)

Details have changed over the years, but even on my '99, the access to the stuff under the sink is from that locker to the driver's side of the rear door. The sink is part of the molded shower stall (probably same on yours).

This is not Chinook specific, but oftentimes in houses it's also really hard to reach the bottom of the faucet hardware, and they make a tool called a "basin wrench" to reach up there. You might take a look at one at Home Depot or hardware store and see what you think.

Would love to see pics of your "classic," if you feel like sharing.
1999 Concourse