Warm LED bulbs for Interior

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Warm LED bulbs for Interior

Post by pdemarest »

Hi - saw some info on here about replacing fluorescent lights with LEDs. One of the first things I did when I got my rig was to convert all the interior lights to LEDs but I'm not happy with the brightness of the bulbs I got. I'm looking for an LED for an 1156 base that has a "warmer" light. I've gone through Amazon's listings but even the LEDs that claim to be "warm" are getting reviews that state otherwise. Anyone have any recommendations on where to find these?
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
Blue~Go

Re: Warm LED bulbs for Interior

Post by Blue~Go »

I've gotten many LED bulbs (of varying base styles) from Marine Beam. I started with them when I was replacing running lights, and I've been happy with their products and service. They aren't eBay cheap, but they tell you the lumen output, the light temperature in Kelvin, and their stuff is of good quality (plus you can talk to the owner/engineer).

When I want warm white, I look for something between around 2800 and 3500k (or so).

I don't have any 1157 type bulbs, so haven't bought those specifically; but I have bought fluorescent shaped tube, bayonet based, and wedge based bulbs from them.
1999 Concourse
Colorider

Post by Colorider »

The ad is no longer active, but I bought a 6-pack off of ebay for $7. They're cheap chinese, but they've worked just fine since August of 2016. They are 2700k which is the same as a warm white CFL that you'd use in your house. I found I actually prefer to keep one of these and one bright white bulb in my overhead lights on at the same time.

This was the title of the ad if it helps...

6XWarm White 1156 BA15S LED 27-SMD Backup Turn signal Light bulb RV Camper 5007

EDIT: I found an active ad for the same thing... http://www.ebay.com/itm/6x-Warm-White-1 ... 461f9c9bf2
"Harvey the RV" - 1994 Chinook Premier, Dinette, 7.5L V8
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

You can't beat the price of some of the eBay bulbs. It's good that they tell you the "temperature" in K (I've seen some that don't).

A friend got some "warm" LED strips from eBay and they were rather yellowish (vs. just warm). He did the same thing you do, but he actually mixed strips of the yellowish warm and the white in the same (formerly) fluorescent fixture. Worked out pretty well and was very inexpensive.
1999 Concourse
SMan

Post by SMan »

I bought my warm whites on Amazon. Brightech BA15's as I recall. Like Colorider in the 2 lights that you can turn on one or both I put one of each in.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
ovcoynel

Post by ovcoynel »

I use Kohree 12 Volt and am completely satisfied with it. I replaced all the lights in my RV with this one, works great, I can see things better at night.