Concourse Vacuum Breaker repair w/o removing toilet.

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Concourse Vacuum Breaker repair w/o removing toilet.

Post by 68camaro »

I have a 2001 Concourse with the Sealand (now Dometic I believe) Traveler 511 short base toilet. There was no tag identifying it as the 511 but someone wrote 511 in marker under base cover. When looking on line for instructions most do not have short base so this threw me off.

Anyway, water was leaking from up high behind toilet, it turns out the Vacuum breaker was leaking so I ordered off Amazon. All on line directions said you had to remove toilet to access and remove vacuum breaker.

This was not true, once water was shut off, I was able to reach behind and slowly wiggle breaker out of rubber grommet and remove hoses. Reinstall was very easy just reattached hoses, pull out old grommet, slip in new, then carefully wiggle vacumm breaker back in. NOTE - when reinstalling hose with clamps I made sure clamps could easily be removed from side by making sure screw was orientated sideways.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy....:)

Sorry, can't figure out how to attach photos.

Now I need to tackle low water pressure.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
JabberBox

Re: Concourse Vacuum Breaker repair w/o removing toilet.

Post by JabberBox »

Nothing i hate worse than working on the crapper. I purchased a complete new toilet shortly after i got the Chinook, now im kicking around the idea of getting another because the flush pedal is messed up. They want as much for that complete flush assembly as they want for a complete new toilet.

In a less complicated world i would just remove the holding tank and not deal with toilet issues again.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Concourse Vacuum Breaker repair w/o removing toilet.

Post by 68camaro »

JabberBox wrote: October 19th, 2021, 5:44 pm Nothing i hate worse than working on the crapper. I purchased a complete new toilet shortly after i got the Chinook, now im kicking around the idea of getting another because the flush pedal is messed up. They want as much for that complete flush assembly as they want for a complete new toilet.

In a less complicated world i would just remove the holding tank and not deal with toilet issues again.
I spent a lot of time researching replacing with a cassette or composting toilet. At end of day I decided to keep the China goddess and the black tank. All options have pros and cons but for us this setup works really best.

But I was really happy I didn't have to remove toilet to access vacuum breaker.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.