Dometic Refridgerator problem

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
maxusa

Dometic Refridgerator problem

Post by maxusa »

Hello everyone we are new to the forum and this is our first post (and our first RV!)

We have a 1998 Concourse and the freezer is working but the fridge is not...has anyone had this problem, and if so, how can we troubleshoot it? It is a Dometic 2 door style.

Thanks for any help,

John
John 1998 Concourse
tjmackle

Re: Dometic Refridgerator problem

Post by tjmackle »

I have a 1999 Concourse V10 with a Domestic refrigerator. I bought the Chinook 14 years ago with only 16k miles on it so there was not much wear on it. The unit ran well for about 7 years and then it made a steady down hill treck to the point it was obvious to install a new one. My point is that it appears you might be getting to the "wipping a dead horse" stage. Replacing the unit is labor intensive which
involves removing the cockpit center council and the passenge seat toget it inside. This may be different on the side door models.
Cheers
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

John, that's a really common complaint on the internet, with no hard and fast answer. Hopefully we can help figure it out.

First, for manuals, what model is it? Also:

- Is your Chinook level
- Is this true on gas, AC, DC or all
- Did you give it a day to get cold and do you have thermometers?
- Did you fill it with items that were not cold yet
- Is this a change from previous, or is the RV new to you and you have no history
- Do you have the Humid / climate control switch on? that heats up the divider.
- Is it hot where you are? might need an external vent fan

Could be the temp sensor which should be clipped to a fin in the bottom fridge.

Kev
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
maxusa

Post by maxusa »

I left it on over night and now its cold, I'm guessing it just takes a little time to work.
John 1998 Concourse