aux fuse panel removal/fix (issues with marker/tailights) fuse

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
Baitguru

aux fuse panel removal/fix (issues with marker/tailights) fuse

Post by Baitguru »

Greetings,

My Chinook has the Chinook installed auxiliary fuse panel with two vertical rows of 4 fuses in each column.

I am always battling my marker lights, and the rear running lights. I couldn't get my 2004 Chinook concourse to pass the Texas state inspections (it was interesting watching someone else drive my Chinook, "Zeus") as they noticed that not only were the marker lights not work (which I was aware), but the rear running lights were also not working. It didn't cost me anything for them to attempt to inspect it.

They believed it to be a fuse or something, and I noticed a wire that was cut, hanging from the bundle to the left of the fuse panel area, and I drove back to "Car Toy's" that did my radio, backup camera installation 6 months ago. While waiting for the store to open, I pulled the top right 15 Amp fuse in the Chinook installed Aux panel, and put it back in, right before the technician stepped outside to take a look. Wouldn't you know it, both the marker lights and tail running lights started working again. The technician indicated it was nothing to do with their install, although he did cut that one wire as the newer radios do not utilize that circuit. He also mentioned that sometimes fuses come loose (this was actually the 2nd time I had take those fuses out to check them). I immediately drove it to a "Kwik Car" service center, and it passed the inspection. Later that day, I noticed the lights not working again.

I am able to press on this auxiliary fuse panel and get the marker lights to come on, and I can feel what appears to be a loose (like the end of a wire with a small plug for the fuse connection) back behind this auxiliary fuse panel. This could also be the remains of a zip-tie. I would like to investigate it more, and remove this little fuse panel. Before I try to bite-off more than I want to chew, I wanted to see what is involved in this fuse panel. Does any know, and can share how this panel is attached under the console? Possibly with zip-ties, or some 3M tape?

Thank you,
-Michael
2004 Chinook Concourse :arrow: