Clearance/Marker light lens replacements

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
Roly

Clearance/Marker light lens replacements

Post by Roly »

I wonder if anybody here has found a source for replacement lenses for the red or amber 2" x 4" marker lights.

I find that about half of mine are cracked, though still work. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
1998 Premier
Blue~Go

Re: Clearance/Marker light lens replacements

Post by Blue~Go »

I have found two that work (one of them is likely the original). There may be more. What I have not found is a "native" LED replacement (I also have not looked for just an LED bulb replacement).

Back story is that I had a couple of cracked originals as well. I deterimined they were the Bargman #68. (Can't remember if that's because I looked at one, read about it, or what.) But the Bargman #68 is getting very hard to find and/or expensive. I then found a Peterson light that looked identical, at the same time as I found some old stock Bargman 68's. Upon close inspection they seem identical. I have some of each and cannot tell the difference. Since the Peterson is easy to find and less expensive, I think it's preferable.

BTW, even though you will likely buy the entire fixture, in most cases you will be able to leave the wire and light base from the old fixture, and "plug it into" the new body. This'll be obvious once you start doing it.

Part numbers for the Peterson lights:

PM V132A (amber)
PM V132R (red)

http://www.pmlights.com/products.cfm?cI ... 1&pId=1407

1999 Concourse
Colorider

Post by Colorider »

Not to hash up an old topic, but for the sake of documentation, I thought I'd add the bulb size.

In my 1994 Premier, the marker light bulbs are the 1895 style. 9mm wide base, 25mm overall height. Ba9s bayonet base type.
"Harvey the RV" - 1994 Chinook Premier, Dinette, 7.5L V8
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Always good to get more data.

Seeing this thread pop up reminded me that I put some LED bulbs in my "cart" at superbrightled.com that I think are going to fit in these fixtures. They also have the comparable lumen (it drives me nuts when people put in super-overly-bright LED bulbs and then it looks like All Brake Lights All The Time.

Anyway, I looked up the lumen value for the originals and then found one that I'm hoping will look about the same plus fit. Was just thinking this morning I should go ahead with the order. I'll post back when I have tried them.

The ones I am going to try are as follows:

http://www.superbrightleds.com

WLED-AHP5 194 LED Bulb - 5SMD
LED Tower - Miniature Wedge
Retrofit - Amber

And

WLED-RHP5 194 LED Bulb - 5SMD
LED Tower - Miniature Wedge
Retrofit - Red

BG

PS: This is for the Peterson/Bargman marker lights shown two posts above.
1999 Concourse
Dano
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Dano »

Hi All;
I believe the correct lenses on my 2002 Concourse were made by Optronics from the part numbers I got off of mine. The original lenses with rubber gaskets and pigtail connector with incandescent wedge style bulbs included, are available at Etrailer.com for about $4 each. Amber lens part number is MC48AB, Red part number is MC48RB. I replaced all mine and they fit perfectly. Don't believe they came with new mounting screws, I used T10 LED bulbs in mine and see an noticeable increase in brightness. Very happy with mine.
Amber: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lights ... C48AB.html
Red: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lights ... C48RB.html
"Jewels" - '02 Chinook Concourse XL