Newmark battery charge module

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
rjudice

Newmark battery charge module

Post by rjudice »

I’m helping my brother upgrade his 1999 Chinook and came across this battery charge module found in the battery compartment. It appears to take input from the charger/controller and outputs to the battery. After having done a similar upgrade on my 2003 Chinook, I am unaware what this module does because my RV didn’t have one. Anybody have any ideas what this module is for and whether it can be removed, especially if I am upgrading my charger converter to a four stage charger?
Ross
2003 Chinook Concourse
rjudice

Re: Newmark battery charge module

Post by rjudice »

Tried to attach a photo but getting the message: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." Not sure what that means.

Anyway, any assistance on identifying the purpose of the battery charge module would be much appreciated.
Ross
2003 Chinook Concourse
kdarling

Re: Newmark battery charge module

Post by kdarling »

Do you mean NEWMAR ? (no K)

What’s the model number on it? Maybe it’s a battery isolator instead of charger?

If Newmar, here are their manuals: https://www.newmarpower.com/installatio ... df-format/

Kev
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)