Onan 4ky control board

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
cottnpickr

Onan 4ky control board

Post by cottnpickr »

My '03 concourse has an onan generator; the control board has failed for the second time in about 1 yr. Last yr. I replaced the original w/a Flight Systems board, which has a 3 yr. warranty. When I called Flight Systems last week, he told me it probably wouldn't be covered by warranty, because I "must have done something wrong". If I want to pay shipping, I can send it in to be checked, but most likely it wouldn't be covered. This was said before I told him what it was doing or what had happened. Great warranty! I paid well over $300 for it. What I'd like to know, is if there is another board I can use in this setup? The Onan model is 4KYFA26100K. The boards I found compatible are Onan 300-5046 (replaced by 327-1413) at over $400 and Flight Systems 56-1413 at around $350. Has anyone else been thru this? If so, any suggestions? Thanks.
Manitou
Site Admin

Re: Onan 4ky control board

Post by Manitou »

I don't know of any board details for our generators since they don't seem to go bad often. (?) Seems odd you've had 2 go bad in a row.
jeanie19
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Onan 4ky control board

Post by jeanie19 »

The control boards for both my and my friend's Onans failed. I don't want to use the generator so I opted to abandon it, but she did have hers replaced. The tech told us that one reason for the failures is that they are mounted too exposed to the elements. He recommended putting in some baffles to deflect the rain and weather away.
Jeanie K.
2000 Chinook Concourse
Plank flooring, Wave heater, CO cubby