Cable TV

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
ltg

Cable TV

Post by ltg »

We have recently purchased a 2005 Chinook Glacier. The original TV and DVD/amp have been replaced. I have been able to locate the coax cable from the roof TV antenna and the coax cable from the roof satellite antenna. However, I cannot find the coax cable coming from the cable TV inlet located in the panel that contains the water inlet, shore power cord, etc. There does not appear to be an AB switch box that changes from TV to Cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Larry
SMan

Re: Cable TV

Post by SMan »

ltg wrote:We have recently purchased a 2005 Chinook Glacier. The original TV and DVD/amp have been replaced. I have been able to locate the coax cable from the roof TV antenna and the coax cable from the roof satellite antenna. However, I cannot find the coax cable coming from the cable TV inlet located in the panel that contains the water inlet, shore power cord, etc. There does not appear to be an AB switch box that changes from TV to Cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Larry
Welcome Larry. In my 2004 Premier it is in the cabover cabinet on the inside. (On the left bulkhead wall looking at it)
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Hi Larry,

Looks like you may have your answer, but I just wanted to say "Welcome!" Both to the forum and to Chinook ownership. Glad to have you here :D

(I have a '99 Concourse - and I removed the TV and related items - so my info is probably much less relevant than Sman's; but the switch box for mine was also in the overhead compartment. Black box about the size of a deck of cards with a slider switch, as I remember it.)

BG
1999 Concourse
ltg

Post by ltg »

Thanks for the replies. There are two overhead cabinets in the cab-over area. I have looked in both cabinets. The television is attached to the front of one cabinet. It swings open for access to the inside. The other cabinet has a Sony home theater system amp/dvd. I removed this unit for better access. In the left cabinet is a coax cable coming from the roof mounted satellite antenna. This coax cable is not inside a wire harness but is just loose. In the other cabinet is the coax cable for the tv from the roof mounted Winegard Sensar antenna. This coax cable enters into a wiring harness and disappears. In neither cabinet is evidence of any other coax cables or a AB switch box. I am somewhat familiar with motorhome electronics having owned two class A motorhomes, one gas powered and one diesel pusher. I have no idea how the Glacier was originally equipped. Thanks.

Larry
2005 Glacier 2500
SMan

Post by SMan »

I googled 2005 Glacier owners manual and it indicates under the FAQ's on page 54 that the AB Switch is located in the overhead behind the TV. Maybe it was moved by the previous owner??? Good luck Larry!
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
ltg

Post by ltg »

Thanks Steve. I have that manual. I have looked all over those cabinets. I can't imagine a case in which someone would remove that switch. I am hoping that Chinook changed the way the system switches from TV antenna to cable. I am hoping that a forum member with a Glacier can answer my questions.
SMan

Post by SMan »

Hope you find it Larry. (The AB switch in mine is small) Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Glad to have you aboard.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
ltg

Post by ltg »

Found my answer. The Winegard TV antenna has a wall plate. This wall plate provides power to amplify the antenna. When the button to power the antenna is push in, the TV receives signal form antenna. When the button is not pushed in, the TV receives the signal from the cable TV jack. There is no AB switch.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Aha! Good sleuthing!
1999 Concourse