6volt or 12volt batteries?!

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Re: 6volt or 12volt batteries?!

Post by Scott »

Well it looks like you've done your research, and you have your answer. I'm very pleased with my golf batts. I looked at the T-105 but I went with the US Battery instead because they were $50 cheaper for the pair, offered 7 amp hours more (yippee), and the local dealer had stock close by. BTW, supposedly US Battery was founded by Trojan engineers and they're basically the same.
1994 Premier
A Rooney

Post by A Rooney »

I don't always believe everything,I hear,even from company reps and engineers,salesman even members on a forum,However I agree that it sounds like you are on a good track to making a good choice.You want batteries that are powerful and will last,and you understand that they won't do that on their own,or because they are made by a Quality Company....as soon as you acquire the batteries...you will be pressed to make any changes to the rest of your electrical system necessary....For me that meant updating everything,since I had a stock single stage charger,no solar,and idiot lights above the range to keep me informed on the battery status.I hope one day to meet you on the road,as I do the other members of the forum......Rooney
Willywalderbeast

Post by Willywalderbeast »

Rooney, I've been back to your thread many times about your electrical upgrades and trying to figure everything out for my overhaul. I might have some questions for you in the future!
A Rooney

Post by A Rooney »

I would never ever imply that any of my fellow Chinookers,were well in some way village idiots,but for the life of me From your first post on this thread,to the one towards the end,I am kinda amazed (as I was reading your remodel posts)how quickly you move and have a grasp of an issue you focus on.The first post was like I don't know much about batteries,and a interstate salesman said this,and then you are posting almost immediately about depth of discharge,plate thickness and outlining discussions,with Trojan....I remember Blue who came with extensive 12v experience from Boats,complimenting me on my quick grasping of Batteries,but honestly it took me more on the order of weeks rather than days to develop any real understanding...When you start building your house,let me know if you start a blog,I confess I find your posts from your initial buy and journey home to your attacking of upgrades one by one personally entertaining.Rooney
Willywalderbeast

Post by Willywalderbeast »

Haha thanks Rooney. To be honest is fairly easy these days to figure out things in depth with the help on the Internet. You can literally find almost anything about everything. I sometimes think "man how did the generation before the Internet get anything done" haha. At the same time I wish I grew up in that era, where you had to track down "that guy" in the town who was the expert at "said thing".

Also have to credit a lot of my researching to my job, where there is a lack of work right now so I spend hours researching stuff on my phone haha. Got to love government wasteful spending. Today I got lost in a plethora of articles regarding "simulation theory", which I haven't thought about in a while but a friend randomly posted something on it which made me look back into it. If you don't know what it is and have some free time look it up.

As for the house build, I already know it's going to be a problem having a GC and the bank won't let me GC it myself although totally capable. Still trying to figure a way around that. :D
A Rooney

Post by A Rooney »

Work is slow here as well,although to be fair that is not uncommon for this time of year.I acted as my own GC but of course I borrowed outside banks,and to be honest (being me not you) it took me something like 5 years....Haha (funny looking back but not so funny then) I will look up simulation theory...but for now I am fascinated with Sumerian Culture where cities first began,Ishtar inanna and brewing (which just goes to show you it's the same old story women and beer (some time later with the invention of football civilization as we know it reached its peak) I go back to before the Internet so I can tell you it's all down hill from there.Just joking of course Rooney.....By the way at the speed you operate,by the end of tommorow I expect you will be the expert and I will contacting you for answers.!