My step handle bars wont light.

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
rmasontaylor

My step handle bars wont light.

Post by rmasontaylor »

I have a 97 concourse and it came with a clear outdoor support handle that has "Chinook" engraved on it to use when getting on to the motorhome.
I checked the bulb inside and it looks good but won't light. I presume it's probably linked with the step lights and outdoor light but can't figure it out.
Does anyone have one that still works?
Manitou
Site Admin

Re: My step handle bars wont light.

Post by Manitou »

Mine works and it's tied to the outdoor light, but I don't think I have step lights.
I thought the bulb was usually the problem. Can you not put a volt meter in the socket to see if its getting juice?
rmasontaylor

Post by rmasontaylor »

would like to try that out once I can get the corroded screws off. the bottom screws snapped off mid way from rust and the top ones wont budge, once I do get them off, I'll definitely change them over the ss.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Since I have a 1999 Concourse (slightly closer to your year), I went and checked my lighted handle to see when it comes on (i.e. with what else). But it's so sunny right now I can't tell! I'll check again later and post back.

Later...
Okay, got the data for my rig. I have a bank of three switches just inside the rear door on the left as you go in (common wall with bathroom). The rear-most switch turns on the "porch light" by the entry door, the step light, AND the handle light. The middle switch turns on a light that lights up the dump valve area. And the forward-most switch turns on a second "porch light" that is under the awning.

Manitou: The "step light" is a horizontal row of lights (like a rope light) that is behind a clear shield and is just below the corner-of-tread threshold on the inside/hall step. Kind of festive.
1999 Concourse
Billmiller

Post by Billmiller »

I've got a '97 Concourse and I can confirm that the 3 switch bank works the same.