NO POWER FROM 110 PLUG IN

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
Jermanitor

NO POWER FROM 110 PLUG IN

Post by Jermanitor »

I can't get my Glacier to charge the batteries when plugged in to 110. I started the generator to see if that would power up my micro wave. It wouldn't; No 110 power. GFI are not tripped. Im thinking it may be transfer relay switch. I have ordered one and will change.
Any opinions?
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: NO POWER FROM 110 PLUG IN

Post by chin_k »

If the problem is with the transfer switch, won't one of the power source (genset or shore power) will get your microwave to work? I would check the fuse/circuit breaker under the sink before ordering anything.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Jermanitor

Post by Jermanitor »

Thanks for your reply.
I have turned off and on the breakers in the inverter. Where are the fuses under the sink in a glacier?
I'll look for them.
If the transfer relay switch is not routing the power through the inverter and there by to the coach, thats my logic regarding the switch.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

If you are handy with voltmeter, you may want to test the input to the switch to make sure it is getting 110V AC. If nothing comes out of the switch, then maybe it is the problem and you need to order a new one. For my rig, it is under the kitchen drawers, but I don't know if it is the same for your Glacier.

I would try to keep the battery charged ASAP. They don't last very long if you let them get low for too long.
Jermanitor

Post by Jermanitor »

The problem turned out to be the inverter! 2400 dollars later. Inverter and monitor OUCH!!!!!
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Ouch! I am confused.... isn't the inverter only convert 12V DC to household power? If that is the case, and your transfer switch is still good, why does your microwave does not work when you plug into shore power or using the gen set?

Sorry for asking you question in your thread...
Jermanitor

Post by Jermanitor »

Everything passes through the main power cord into the inverter. The pass through in the inverter is failing. No 110 power when plugged in. No battery charging. No microwave.

The air conditioning works with the Genset because they are separate.