TOAD- flat or tow dolly

Anything that goes behind your Chinook, flat, trailer, toys.
LilNookie

TOAD- flat or tow dolly

Post by LilNookie »

When I bought Lil Nookie I rented a tow Dolly to tow my car home. It felt a little squirrely. Maybe not enough tounge weight? Roads are flat in Florida.
After a long trip I'm thinking I need more water/ waste capacity, more storage capacity and a toad to do a 6 month trip.
First thought was a 32' DP. But research reveals that the dirt road boondocking I prefer doesn't play nice with rear radiators. Plus the weight.
Started leaning toward gasser class A's next. 100 gallon tanks and better ground clearance than a bus. Concerned about hi centering and the long beaver tail.
Now thinking of building a tanker trailer to increase capacity/ extend stay time and keep Lil Nookie, which is absolutely amazing in the places I like to stay.
Head spinning...
Anybody find a solution to this dilemma that proved itself long term?
1995 Concourse
Blue~Go

Re: TOAD- flat or tow dolly

Post by Blue~Go »

I hear you on the pros and cons of different rigs. Just like boats, there is no perfect one. But it's fun to discuss and see how close you can come to the perfect rig for you.

That said, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. The thread title is about toads (tow car), flat towed or dolly towed; but then the question in the thread seems to be about towing a "servicing" trailer for better tankage. Can you clarify?
1999 Concourse