Carpet tiles?

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Kirah
**Forum Contributor**

Carpet tiles?

Post by Kirah »

Have any of y'all used carpet tiles?

My carpet is old and ugly but it dries out fine if it gets wet and I suspect it helps with noise.

Debating whether to replace it, or just deep clean it and continue to cover it up with washable throw rugs...

One contender for replacement would be carpet tiles, which seem low skill to install, but I'm not sure how they wear.
1999 Premier, now minus all passenger side cabinets and appliances :twisted:
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Carpet tiles?

Post by HoosierB »

Kirah, I recently purchased commercial grade carpet tiles for my remodel. Reasons being: we like the cozy feel of carpet, less sound transfer in the coach, easy replacement if a section is damaged or badly soiled, and... our little pups doesn't like to jump down on hardwood/tile floors.

These guys have the best prices and selection... plus quick service on sending samples, too:
https://www.icarpetiles.com/

Tip: Get the "cushion-back" style. No need to use adhesive, just apply carpet tape to the corners.
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

My office have commercial carpet tiles, and much to our chagrin, they last practically last forever, so we have the same old look as the 1980's.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Commercial grade is better made and far more durable than the cheap stuff at the big box stores or even Amazon. It has a tight, loop-style pile that's easy to vacuum or sweep. I spent days shopping on the i-carpetiles website for the right color and style. Huge selections based on color, style, size, etc. Check out the "mini-lots" sales section for the best deals. Inventory changes regularly. My purchase was a total of $78 for the entire house part of the coach.
And the cushion-back style helps hide floor bolt heads and imperfections. :)
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Kirah
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Kirah »

Thanks. I'll have to check out that site!
1999 Premier, now minus all passenger side cabinets and appliances :twisted: