Hitch receiver height

Anything that goes behind your Chinook, flat, trailer, toys.
Yupong

Hitch receiver height

Post by Yupong »

I have a 1998 concourse with the manual step in the back. Does anyone happen to know the hitch receiver height? I am planning on flat towing a smart car and the connections on the car are 14-1/2 inches off the ground.
Kirah
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Hitch receiver height

Post by Kirah »

Sorry, I don't know that without getting over to the camper to measure. I'll be down to do some work this weekend, and I could measure then, if you still need it.

FWIW, I put a bit of a riser on to tow my Honda CR-V. Smart Car looks like it sits lower, so you may be okay with a straight hitch.
1999 Premier, now minus all passenger side cabinets and appliances :twisted:
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

The center of my receiver measures 19.5 inches from the ground with the rig fully loaded.

I think the rear of my rig is bit higher than most Chinooks, but I could't say how much.

Hope that helps.
1994 Premier
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I set my MorRyde spring to be at the highest setting. I can go home and measure it tonight, but depends on the suspension setting, it can be adjusted by maybe 3 inch down if I want to. Isn't the receiver height can be adjusted with adapter to account for the different height anyway?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

The bottom of the hitch is 14.5 inch from the ground. The bottom of the outer square tub is badly scratched, so I think it must have hit bottom on many, many occasions.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
nikkireed

Post by nikkireed »

The center of my receiver measures 19.5 inches from the ground with the rig fully loaded.

I think the rear of my rig is a bit higher than most Chinooks, but I couldn't say how much.

I hope that helps. :idea: