new front seats for my 1998 concourse

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

new front seats for my 1998 concourse

Post by Flame »

Am thinking there is probably some really fine and comfortable seats available today to replace our 22 year old captains chairs up front. Problem I am having is when you say 1998 it is too old to reference catalougs. I still don't have that many miles on my rig but think I could find some more comfortable seats. Anyone know where I should look? Anyone replaced theirs with something they really love?
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
caconcourse

Re: new front seats for my 1998 concourse

Post by caconcourse »

My original driver seat may be over 20 years old, but it is the most comfortable driving seat I have ever experienced. It feels good to sit in even after 10 hours of driving.

It sounds like your electric adjustments may be a little out of whack, When we bought our Chinook, the driver seat was somehow tilted and felt like the adjuster was broken. I took the seat out and found it had been installed using an incorrect mounting hole, making it crooked. I don't know if it came from the factory that way or had been incorrectly re-installed after some servicing. I moved the mounting bolt to the correct hole and made sure the adjusting motors and gears worked properly, and it has been great with more than 50,000 miles of driving after fixing it.

The arm rest height is also adjustable.
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA