Interior aftermarket parts options?

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
BoomBoom

Interior aftermarket parts options?

Post by BoomBoom »

My wife and I just bought a '95 Concourse, and couldn't be more excited. Does anyone have a recommendation for good aftermarket supplies? I'm having trouble finding interior parts. We have previously restored an old MG, and there were tons of options for parts, like Moss Motors - is there something like that for Chinooks? I would love to replace the teal fabric interior with something darker, does anyone sell a precut kit that might come in a variety of colors? Thanks in advance!
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Interior aftermarket parts options?

Post by HoosierB »

Welcome BoomBoom!
Trying to locate OEM parts for the Chinook is a tough road. The Chinook does not have the mass popularity and world appeal like the MG has had for decades. You'll find most owners (like on this forum) get pretty creative with their upgrades and restorations. Sourcing materials can be a challenge. Start with the Reference Materials section on the Board Index. A lot of good info there.
BTW: The SEARCH feature is your friend... :D
Have fun!
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

I’ll echo what Hoosier said. It’s not like a classic car where you open catalog and order what you need.

Something as custom as you want will be have to be custom. Even getting correct sized replacement microwave with bezel is difficult.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

On the other hand (but this does not negate the prior responses), many things were not made by Chinook at all. Appliances, hinges, electrical, lighting, etc. Just FYI.

For similar fabrics and wall coverings (plus adhesives, etc.), you can try Perfect Fit or a similar marine or automotive supplier. Concourses (at least 90's and up) used headliner fabric for walls and pillars, and "hull liner" for the overhead.
1999 Concourse
BoomBoom

Post by BoomBoom »

Thanks to all for the responses. We just did our first three day trip after picking it up and it was awesome. Everything seems to work well with a few minor exceptions.

For issues that arise with driving functions, is it safe to assume I can follow plans for Ford F350? (Including engine, drive train, brakes, dashboard, etc?)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Good to hear you had a fun first trip!
BoomBoom wrote: June 30th, 2020, 4:01 am For issues that arise with driving functions, is it safe to assume I can follow plans for Ford F350? (Including engine, drive train, brakes, dashboard, etc?)
There are some significant differences, so it would be better to use a source for the E-350 (even "same" engine variations). Also note that there can be specific dually parts. We have some good reference material in the Reference sub forum, and for pure mechanicals the Ford Truck forum has an E-Series sub forum which can be useful too.
1999 Concourse