Propane Tank Leak

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
johnaston55

Re: Propane Tank Leak

Post by johnaston55 »

Hi, I have the same tank. It rusted through the bottom. Hard to find.
BobW9

Re: Propane Tank Leak

Post by BobW9 »

I purchased a new tank from the distributor below a couple years ago for my 2000 Concourse (the exact model as the original), worked out well so long as you can wait for it. I think it took about 5 or 6 weeks. I went on their website and filled out some info and the guy below, Bill, called me back, as he was the rep for my area in Maryland.

Oh, and make sure about shipping, as I believe it ended up Manchester always use some commercial trucking with fairly large trucks, so I needed to tell them I live in a small development at the end of a court and to be sure to use a smaller truck. I think that came after the order and the tank was built, as Manchester was shipping direct to me, not through Tarantin, and called me when they were ready to ship.

Manchester 6820 propane tank (12"x42"), around $725 was his estimate including shipping, but I think it came out about $700 even. Then I had a local RV shop remove the old one and install the new, and also a new regulator (the tank does not come with any and Tarrantin doesn't sell them).

Bill Lawson
Director of Inside Sales/Customer Service
Tarantin Industries, Inc.
86 Vanderveer Road
Freehold, NJ 07728
800 922 0724 x1125
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10