Rear Entry Handle

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Rear Entry Handle

Post by chin_k »

From business point of view, it is not worth it to have to ship it back, since they suppose to trash the items anyway, at least that is what I hope they do. As far as I know, when a food item is returned to store, they are going to trash. I don't know if they even suppose to donate them to the food back, but maybe they could. Anyway, this is why it is a bit wasteful for people to return food items. They just have to pay to have trash ship back to them. Hope they learn something this time, and be a better business.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
dougm

Post by dougm »

You overlook the entire purpose of returning the product and exactly why they should be in a panic right now and doing everything they can to bring the product back to them. This Country has laws that mandate the proper and correct labeling on food and poultry products. They packaged a meat product inside of a mislabeled package/wrapper. Thats a huge liability should someone get sick or if the state is informed along with evidence.

Once they emailed me and instructed me to just throw it away i told them that if they arent going to bring the product back and do a proper investigation i woud contact state officials to do it for them. Within a matter of minutes they emailed me back telling me UPS will be picking it up.

That said, i took a bite of it and ingested it. I dont take that in stride. They are obviously incompetent and as i stated before they need to be held accountable for that studity and negligence. The woman that emailed me stated on the phone that she had to take my email threatening to contact the state to her manager to see what she wanted to do...... Think about that for a minute.... She works for and represents a company yet doesnt have the brain power to conclude on her own that it is a serious situation they created and that they need to do an investigation to find out where the problem is.

Just because no one got sick or ended up in an emergency room doesnt mean it should be taken lightly. They violated the law and put me at risk should i have an allergic reaction to a mislabed incorrect product.If it isnt corrected the potential for someone else having it happen to them still exists and they might not be so fortunate.
dougm

Post by dougm »

UPS picked up the package today 11-2 @ 10:45 AM. Now lets see how long it takes them to return my money.
dougm

Post by dougm »

Well they called this morning to see if UPS picked up the package. They also informed me that they refunded my money and had sent me two free pheasants for all of the hassle. Two hours later there are two dressed pheasants on the door step packed in a cooler with dry ice. Interesting, not sure if theyre genuinely sorry or if they are just trying to shut me up.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Sounds like they are truly sorry, or the pheasants is laced with arsenic. Make sure there is no ticking sound or wiring from the package. Otherwise, enjoy the free gift. :)
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
dougm

Post by dougm »

Well i cooked up the pheasant and ate alot of it over the last couple of days. I fed the darker meat to my dogs because it just didnt have a good taste to it. You can definately taste the differene between a farm raised pheasant and a wild pheasant. I will stick with the wild pheasants..