LVD Alarm and red indicator light not operating

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
ski2ways

Re: LVD Alarm and red indicator light not operating

Post by ski2ways »

chin_k wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 1:25 pm It will be interesting to know why yours does not ground. It does ground when the SENSE is disconnected. But I guess people like me or red baron (a fellow member here) are those that are curious about this and would investigate and post about it.
That's why you and the other members of the Forum are so diligent! You are driven to understand how things work, or as in my case not work! I guess the only way to find out how/why the alarm post is grounded when the SENSE is disconnected as well as when the switch is off and shore power/gen is applied is to tear down an LVD and look at the interior wiring. There must be two separate connections to the gray wire alarm post controlling the grounding, one if the red SENSE wire detects low voltage and the other if the converter is active and the batteries switch is off.

Anyways, I am happy, and again appreciate your help. Besides, I am now intent on replacing the LVD sooner than later.

Jon
2000 Chinook Concourse - Dinette
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: LVD Alarm and red indicator light not operating

Post by chin_k »

The LVD is potted, so it is not easy to take apart. If I have a broken one, I will cut it open and take a peek, however.

Anyway, keep us posted on what you doing when you replacing it. We are all ears.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis