Replacement front console

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Blue~Go

Re: Replacement front console

Post by Blue~Go »

Post #1 shows the back side of the Beverage Mate. Post #2 shows the front of the doghouse.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19

Post on page two of this thread shows Clay adding 12 volt outlets to console (some details):

viewtopic.php?p=1812#p1812

I'm sure this is obvious, but the console area can get very hot in places from the doghouse, and also both console and doghouse need to be removed from time-to-time.

Everyone has their own way, but I have my inverter installed on the house bank. That way it can be used while parked (if installed on Ford system, it's only while driving, essentially). Mine is under the couch attached to the side wall of the couch, so the area where you plug into it is behind the driver's seat. I don't plug into it while driving but it would be possible. (I charge laptop, tablet, phone all from 12 volt sources - it's more efficient and of course while driving 12-volts is already there.)
1999 Concourse
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Blue, when should the doghouse be removed other than the need to service the area behind it? So far, I have not have any need to do that, and I want to make sure I am not missing any maintenance or other task that I should be doing. Thanx.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

chin_k wrote: April 6th, 2021, 10:11 am Blue, when should the doghouse be removed other than the need to service the area behind it?
No other time that I know of.
1999 Concourse
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Flame »

Thanks for all the advise on the replacement console of the beverage mate. It came in the mail a few minutes ago. You won't believe...because someone had already disconnected the wires to the cup holders...it LITERALLY took me THREE minutes to install the replacement console!!! And damn it looks good and brand new!! Soooo much better and more storage than the old beverage mate one!!
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark