Mystery inlet

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Fawn

Mystery inlet

Post by Fawn »

Right next to my sewer hose compartment is a mystery hose inlet. I took photos and I think they are attached. Not sure. Haven’t done it before.
There is a rubber cap on the inlet that screws on. I know it’s for water since the word water appears on the metal section surrounding the inlet. I can’t find anything about it in the Concourse manual (1998). Does anyone have any ideas?
68EDDAC3-8867-4F82-AC02-E559E298BD33.jpeg
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Mystery inlet

Post by chin_k »

I think it is in the manual, but maybe I am getting too old. It is for flushing the black tank and part of the XL package, I think. I usually attach the flush hose after emptying my tanks (but still connected), and let it flush until the water coming thru the tanks is clear. Then I shut off the water, close the cap, and close the septic valves. If you flush water into it with the black tank valve closed, it will fill out your black tank. BTW, I am a bit OCD, so I use a "dirty" garden hose to touch that inlet, and not use it for my drinking water... some people use the same garden hose.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Fawn

Re: Mystery inlet

Post by Fawn »

That all sounds right. Thanks for the tips re: keeping valves open. Nice to have that flushing feature. Maybe my manual doesn't include the images for the XL. I got the vehicle used and it came with this manual. I'll peruse one more time and try to find the description at least. Images don't seem to be there.