Concourse wall and roof internal structure drawings

Storage area for pdf's, doc's, etc..
Blue~Go

Concourse wall and roof internal structure drawings

Post by Blue~Go »

Hi folks,

Here are some Chinook factory drawings, circa 1999, for the internal layout of the passenger side wall and the roof. The wall drawing is only for the passenger side, but the driver's side can be extrapolated. I had occasion to look behind the walls in my 1999 Concourse and it is almost exactly as the drawings show.

I had assumed the the Premier was similar, but another forum member recently re-did his windows and we discovered that instead of largish areas of plywood around the windows, it's more like a perimeter frame of flat-laid 1 x 3 (or similar) pine-ish boards. I have a really bad photo that shows it, and I will include that here for comparison.

So, first the roof, Concourse circa 1999:
Roof construction detail.pdf
(617.57 KiB) Downloaded 754 times
Passenger side wall, Concourse circa 1999:
wall construction detail.pdf
(666.95 KiB) Downloaded 643 times
Driver's side wall, Premier, circa 1998 (sorry for the very poor quality but it shows the difference from a Concourse wall):
Building interior, driver wall Premier ca 1998.png
1999 Concourse
Chinnin-about

Re: Concourse wall and roof internal structure drawings

Post by Chinnin-about »

I'm looking for roof drawings for a second generation Concourse (1988-1992). A previous owner drove under a carport and hit the air conditioner, breaking the supports. They did a repair by adding two sheets of plywood and a membrane roof. On the interior, you can see the original fiberglass roof sagging two inches at the air conditioner, and in the cabinets. I would like to repair it properly, assuming the impact broke the horizontal wood supports. I'd like to locate them before I cut into it and repair it.

Thanks in advance.
Blue~Go

Re: Concourse wall and roof internal structure drawings

Post by Blue~Go »

Hi Chinnin,

I can certainly understand why you want drawings and/or info.

Would you mind starting a new thread not in the reference forum? This is more just for posting documents vs. discussing. Plus, even if there are no drawings extant, I know there are members here with earlier Chinooks who've done roof work, so you might get some info that way.

Basically, just do the same post you did here, but put it in the .... hmm, guess I'd choose General Chinook, but I could also see "Projects, Modifications, and Known Issues" as a choice.

That way we can keep the reference sub-forum just for reference material (and plus everyone can jump in and discuss in your new thread).

BG
1999 Concourse