Introducing myself

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Paul&Stefi

Introducing myself

Post by Paul&Stefi »

Hi Everyone
My name is Paul and my wife is Stefi. We just bought our 2004 Chinook Glacier 2500 with the Ford V10 engine. I had never heard of the Chinook brand before and I consider myself blessed to have stumbled upon this one. Once I went to see it I knew it was the right one for us. Our backstory is a little sad. We used to live in a large 40ft fifth wheel and traveled all around the country in it as I was a traveling nurse. However we sold that and bought a house in California. Then we sold that home and bought another house August 13 and 3 days later it burnt down in the Caldor wild fire August 16th. Thankfully our little guest apartment survived but we have yet been unable to get our site cleaned up by the state which means we can't get permits to get utilities (electric, water, sewer). so after paying a mortgage and rent for multiple months we were losing lots of money so we decided to start looking for an RV. At least that way we can move back into our little apartment and utilize the RV for water, bathroom and kitchen. I found this little Chinook in Sebastopol California and I just knew right away it was perfect. It was well taken care of and came with a generator. I will try to get some pics and place up here so you can see.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Introducing myself

Post by 68camaro »

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, I can't begin to imagine what that would be like going thru. I am glad you found the Glacier and it is bringing you some comfort. They really are nice built RV's and hopefully you get to take it out on some trips.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Paul&Stefi

Post by Paul&Stefi »

Just a few pics of the outside right now. The inside is a bit of a mess as we are living out of it.
Attachments
F48885EA-35CB-4F35-AB4D-2B4AE87392F7.jpeg
86CAF810-E2E5-4AFA-B58A-CD0E33488892.jpeg
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

NIce looking chinook and personally, I love the Tahoe area (up around there somewhere right?). The caldor fire was scary for some old friends up there too. At least you're in the recovery phase now.. (trying to look at the bright side of a bad situation). Take care. Let us know if your rig has any issues you can't figure out. They are great rigs, but they all have some years on them.
jrski

Post by jrski »

I am curious, does your 2004 Glacier have a tachometer? A year ago last October, I bought a 2005 Glacier that has a tach. It was sold to me as a 2005, but the title says 2004. (I know the RV manufacturers often purchased several chassis in one year and built the RV, in the following year.) I believe I have seen photos of 2004 Glacier dashes that do not have a tach, but I'm not sure...just curious.
Paul&Stefi

Post by Paul&Stefi »

yes I am not far from Tahoe, I am actually in grizzly flats, the fire started just a few miles from my house. I noticed the same thing mine is supposed to be a 2004 but the paperwork says 2003. No It does not have a tachometer.
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

FYI, some states title based on the ford chassis (which is often a year older by the time the Motorhome part was completed) and some states title based on the motorhome conversion. Nothing to worry about, just the way it is.