Repair or Replacement of two-pane Concourse windows

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
HappyCamper

Repair or Replacement of two-pane Concourse windows

Post by HappyCamper »

I have a 2000 Concourse where the two-glass pane (insulated) window panes have separated in several places around the edges and the rubber separator/seal is protruding / visible between the two panes of glass. Can these windows be removed and sent to a glass repair shop to have their, between pane ,rubber separator material, replaced? If so, does anyone know of a glass shop that can / will do this repair? If not, does anyone know of a vendor that sells or can create the correct size/pattern replacements of the Concourse windows?
BobW9

Re: Repair or Replacement of two-pane Concourse windows

Post by BobW9 »

CHeck out this thread "Rough-out Coach Window dimensions Concourse" - http://www.chinookrvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=9663

You might search the forum, there are some other threads on fixing or replacing windows, including I think from at least one person that used Suncoast Designers to replace their windows, and one or two that bought new ones.
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

Questions for Bob: Did you replace your windows as you were thinking? If so, did you get the bronze finish/dual panes and approx cost? Are you happy with your current windows?

I have a couple of "creeping" seals between the panes. Windows look good, so I am not inclined to fix right now, but interested in the options.

Thanks,
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
BobW9

Post by BobW9 »

Nah, since they aren't leaking and I've gotten used to the shriveled seals looking a bit ugly in a few places, I haven't bothered yet. Too many other things higher priority on the RV, and life in general. If I ever swing down Florida way again, I'll probably get the re-sealing done instead.
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10
HappyCamper

Post by HappyCamper »

Thanks all for your info. Looks like replacing or repairing my windows will be a big deal, thus, I will probably just get use to looking at the sinking seals. Thanks again for your info. Jim