Glacier Slide Adjustment

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
ltg

Re: Glacier Slide Adjustment

Post by ltg »

Our slide is rubbing on the bottom right side when looking at the slide. When we purchased the Glacier, there was evidence of the rubbing with white gel coat missing. The area was about 1 inch wide and 1 inch long. Today, about five years later, the rubbed area is about 1 inch wide and 2 inches long. You can see the damaged area, but you can barely feel the damage. Rubbing a fingernail along the area, you cannot feel the damaged area.

Our slide bladder is still holding air. I felt that the rubbing would damage the bladder. But, after five years I have no evidence that it is causing damage to the bladder.

As far as removing and reinstalling the slide, without replacing the air bladder, I have no idea if HWH would do that.
When I was at their shop in March of 2017, they did not give me that option or tell me that it was an option.

I do know they will not replace the air bladder without installing a new air manifold. The new air bladder inflates and deflates differently than the old bladder and requires a different air manifold. Five years ago, the new air manifold was around $800 dollars.

One more thing, the air bladder does not hold a vacuum after the bladder deflates. Once deflated, the air bladder returns to its original shape and rest against the slide. You can easily push a credit card between the air bladder and the slide, but the air bladder is not deflated holding a vacuum.
FatBuoy
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Glacier Slide Adjustment

Post by FatBuoy »

ltg wrote: April 25th, 2022, 10:25 amOne more thing, the air bladder does not hold a vacuum after the bladder deflates. Once deflated, the air bladder returns to its original shape and rest against the slide. You can easily push a credit card between the air bladder and the slide, but the air bladder is not deflated holding a vacuum.
Thank you, Sir. You have been of tremendous help. And the credit card trick is exactly how I verified that it inflates and stays that way!
2001 Premier aka "Anookie"
Dallas, TX area