2000 Chinook Concourse Rear Stabilizer Blocks Replacement

Everything to do with engines, options, upgrades.
FransOR1870@WTRhome

2000 Chinook Concourse Rear Stabilizer Blocks Replacement

Post by FransOR1870@WTRhome »

Does anybody have recommendations as to where to get these big rubber/plate stabilizers? (See Photos of Undamaged and Torn.) Mine are torn and I cannot find anybody that even knows about them. Any help much appreciated! Frans in Willamette Valley, OR. C 206.303.9073
Attachments
Undamaged
Undamaged
Torn
Torn
Manitou
Site Admin

Re: 2000 Chinook Concourse Rear Stabilizer Blocks Replacement

Post by Manitou »

I think it was called more ryde suspension
BobW9

Post by BobW9 »

Yes, they are rubber shear springs by MORryde. If you go to morryde.com you can click on Dealer Locator, and that will allow you to find a shop in your area that is known by them to have experience with the MORryde suspension.

I recently was forced to get new ones myself when mine sheared in half while on the road passing through Knoxville, TN. Not fun. Note that the RV shop used charged very high hourly rates (higher than truck service shops!) and took considerably longer than other shops used by people on this forum who have also had them replaced.

It was $500 for the 2 springs, MORryde Part# 94-6313, $100 for shop supplies (no definition of what that meant), and then 7 hours labor (3 or 4 would have been more typical).

From my understanding, the MORRyde springs were originally added to help the default metal spring pack handle the extra weight of our RV's. I asked about just removing the MORryde, but they said the current metal leaf spring pack on there couldn't handle the weight by itself, and I would have to go somewhere else to have a larger spring pack installed.

If I had not been on the road and trapped, I would have waited to find a Springs shop that could build me a 10 Leaf Progressive Spring Pack that could handle the weight, and removed the MORryde. From talking with others, and having a ride in a Concourse that had it done, I believe the 10 Leaf Progressive pack gives a better ride. It can also give a 2" lift or so, giving more clearance in the rear. I don't think the final price would have been that much more (maybe even the same) than what I ended up paying. Though cost definitely depends on your area and the shop you find to do the work.

You can find more discussions in this forum if you search on MORryde, springs, leaf, progressive.

Good luck!
Bob
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

Lengthy thread on the topic here: viewtopic.php?t=1476
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
FransOR1870@WTRhome

Post by FransOR1870@WTRhome »

Thanks everybody, YES, found them, info was correct,$215.39 a piece and in stock at MORryde! will have them installed next week, am a Happy Camper now!! Thanks Again, Frans