Winch Bumper

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Amy12

Winch Bumper

Post by Amy12 »

First post here, I've mostly been lurking and admiring all the cool projects others have done.

We have a 2001 Destiny XL, on the Chevy chassis, and on a recent camping trip we hit something on the road (just looked like a plastic garbage bag with nothing in it, turns out it did have something in it), and it took a chunk out of the lower spoiler on the front.

Since we do a lot of rough camping on BLM land, we started thinking about replacing it with a winch bumper, instead of just fixing it. I'm curious if anyone here has done something similar, and if so, what brand/company did you get the bumper from? I'm having a rough time finding one that I can conclusively say will work/fit on the Chevy chassis. If I'm correct, the chassis is a 3500 Express van chassis, right?
2001 Chinook Destiny 2400 XL
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Winch Bumper

Post by 68camaro »

I have Chris' Ford bumper, he does lift for Chevy so he may be able to make bumper for you, he is easy to work with so you might want to see if he can...

https://www.ujointoffroad.com/products/ ... cessories/
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Amy12

Re: Winch Bumper

Post by Amy12 »

Thanks, I really appreciate it. :-)
2001 Chinook Destiny 2400 XL