Porch Lights

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
inacioface

Porch Lights

Post by inacioface »

Porch Lights:
My porch and awning lights have missing bulbs and lens covers. I've searched this forum and it seems like replacement lens exists, but what should I do if the bulb/socket are also missing? Should I replace the whole unit? If so, where can I buy replacements? Also, are there any electrical schematics for how to reconnect these lights to the vehicles electrical circuit?
PXL_20221207_151010428.jpg
PXL_20221207_151025130.jpg
PXL_20221207_151042558.jpg
PXL_20221207_151118075.jpg
1998 Chinook Concourse (Rear Entry) | Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Porch Lights

Post by sm350bl »

Sourcing replacement units may prove difficult since JRV Products have gone out of business. Not to say a stash of them may pop up on ebay down the road but you will have to keep an eye out. In the meantime you should be able to rebuild what you got just to get them working. You can buy the appropriate light bulb repair pigtail that will come with the wire, lead, and spring. If you need a second wire for ground, soldering one to the socket cylinder isn't difficult. another option is retro fitting if you can find one that is somewhat close to the original or just mount something that covers the hole where the original once was.
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
inacioface

Post by inacioface »

Thanks sm350bl. I found the replacement lens on this website (https://www.woodlandairstreamparts.com/ ... 4178431076), but I am still unsure as to how to add a "light bulb repair pigtail". If you look at the second to last image posted previously, I'm assuming that I would feed the repair pigtail through the opening in the light housing, but how would I attach the pigtail to the light housing?

EDIT: Are suggesting I use something like this (https://www.amazon.com/Winka-Sockets-Pr ... 96&sr=8-34)? If I can find the right sizing, I think I'd be able to press it into the opening and connect it to a switch.
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Post by sm350bl »

Yeah I am going to have to apologize. I am not as slick to reference websites or construct a page with pictures. But I did find a picture of what I was referring to online. Since the porch light is a turn lock base ( ground ) and a center point of contact on the bulb for power.

https://www.zoro.com/grote-lamp-socket- ... gLWEvD_BwE

so once the wire is cut from behind the porch light, the pigtail should come out the front of the light fixture. then you would load something like this from the front and splice connect the wire then you should be able to twist a new bulb into it and have it work. put your new lens on and be on your way.
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
inacioface

Post by inacioface »

Thanks for you help, the images/links helped me understand! I just ordered the replacement porch light lens and will find the pigtail that will fit in the opening of the light housing. I'll post pictures once it's fixed :)
inacioface

Post by inacioface »

I'm having trouble finding the replacement pigtail. The bulb and metal housing have a 1003 written on it, but I can't seem to find a replacement pigtail online that has dimensions to verify that it will fit.

The closest I got was this: https://www.delcity.net/store/Bulb-Pigt ... 0.h_810382 but I'm not sure if this will work. It has 1003 listed as one of the lamp numbers but not the socket number... I'm not sure what to make of it.
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

inacioface wrote: December 29th, 2022, 3:11 pm I'm having trouble finding the replacement pigtail. The bulb and metal housing have a 1003 written on it, but I can't seem to find a replacement pigtail online that has dimensions to verify that it will fit.

The closest I got was this: https://www.delcity.net/store/Bulb-Pigt ... 0.h_810382 but I'm not sure if this will work. It has 1003 listed as one of the lamp numbers but not the socket number... I'm not sure what to make of it.
That should work.
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
inacioface

Post by inacioface »

Thanks. I placed the order and I'll let you know it goes :)