2001 Destiny LVD Disconnect/Defeat Question

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
marktmaxwell

2001 Destiny LVD Disconnect/Defeat Question

Post by marktmaxwell »

My LVD is kaput. Sorry for the technical lingo.

Quick sanity check/question for you good people: any downside in doubling up both cables to either the Vin or Vout lug? Just as a means to defeat the LVD? It's not like there is any fusing or anything going on there in LVD land is there? This may be a temporary "fix" but knowing me ...

Mine is NOT under the sofa, contrary to the documentation. It's (LVD) under the drawers, next to the power distribution center; like I've read about in some other posts here.

Thank you in advance!
2002 Chinook Destiny 2400, 2001 Chev E3500 8.1 litre powered chassis, < 26k miles when purchased 02/2022
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: 2001 Destiny LVD Disconnect/Defeat Question

Post by chin_k »

Maybe they are doing the LVD in different place for Destiny, but for the Concourse, it almost always under the sofa.

Anyway, you just need to make sure you don't drain down the battery accidentally. The LVD would save you from dead coach batteries, and by bypassing it, you will be on your own. Do you have a volt meter that you can check the battery status easily.

I think some people here may have a spare LVD that they can kindly mail to you, or sell to you, if you are interested.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
marktmaxwell

Re: 2001 Destiny LVD Disconnect/Defeat Question

Post by marktmaxwell »

Solar controller has a pretty dandy volt meter, it has a set of LED's and an LCD. Along with the mickey-mouse readout on the vent hood.

I sure wouldn't mind replacing the LVD but there's a few posts here making it sound like they are unavailable now.
2002 Chinook Destiny 2400, 2001 Chev E3500 8.1 litre powered chassis, < 26k miles when purchased 02/2022