Switchogy Question(s)

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
marktmaxwell

Switchogy Question(s)

Post by marktmaxwell »

2001 Destiny 24, should the coach battery rocker have any effect on the 110 system? I.e should the 110 "work" when the rocker is down (coach batteries disengaged)? My thinking is no and yes.

And to further this line of questioning: with the rocker off, and shore power (or generator) up-and-running, shouldn't the converter supply plenty of 12v and all (12 and 110) systems "go"? My thinking is yes.
2002 Chinook Destiny 2400, 2001 Chev E3500 8.1 litre powered chassis, < 26k miles when purchased 02/2022
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Switchogy Question(s)

Post by chin_k »

I am familiar with concourse, so it may not applies to Destiny.

Anyway, the rocker above the driver seat does not affect the 110 AC system. There should be a ATS (auto transfer switch) on the AC distribution box that jumps to genset if it is on (highest priority) or if not, use the shore power if it is available. There is no manual switch to turn the AC on or off, other than the circuit breakers that you can play with inside the panel.

If the DC system is operating correctly, and you do not override the various settings, the DC should be available. You should turn on the LVD (via the overhead switch). Otherwise, the red LED will turns on and there will be a buzzer going on.

The default setting is for the 30A main breaker in the panel to be ON, the 15 A breaker for the inverter to be ON.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis