Need Pricing Help!!!

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
cidevco

Need Pricing Help!!!

Post by cidevco »

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2003 Glacier with 50,000 miles at a very good price. I currently have a 2004 Chinook Premier that I love and not ready to part with.

It is a California Chinook living in the desert all of its life. This Glacier is in fair to poor condition. Mainly cosmetic needing a hard cleaning and repaint of the Millennial paint scene due to clear coat failure NO body damage. It has the following. Self levers, solar panel, inverter, fold down table set to bed, couch, pop out side, oak cabinets, all of the standard features, all intact interior dirty but in good condition, blind are very good. Im proposing to replace the tires, full fluids flush and replacement, professionally clean the interior and exterior, including under chassis and engine bay. repaint the striping on the sides to match existing, and repair whatever is not working or broken.

My question is this, what does this community feel in this economy I could sell this for? Low end to High end. There are currently 2 Glaciers for sale in the $60K range but currently no takers. I need your input, do I buy this and restore back to high standards or do I just let it rot where it is.

Your inpust are important to my purchase decision...Thank you all

Mike.
Hea!

Re: Need Pricing Help!!!

Post by Hea! »

Always a tricky question for sure.
imo, the worst part about it may be the low miles. Vehicles that sit, even in CA, can develop their own set of headaches.

If it were me I'd consider the cost of restoration and offer $10k under that.

They'll ether bite or balk.

It's ok to walk away.
caconcourse

Re: Need Pricing Help!!!

Post by caconcourse »

I would recommend you send a private message to "Fatbuoy" and ask his advice. He has flipped several Chinooks, including a Glacier, and could tell you what a good deal is and what to expect refurbishing, buying and selling, etc. I'm sure he would be very helpful and willing to help.
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA