Catalytic converter security, general security

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Alfie Farrand

Re: Catalytic converter security, general security

Post by Alfie Farrand »

I had a CatClamp installed on my 2004 Concourse. I used the high end unit because I’m getting ready for a long trip,
This gives me a little more confidence. Hope this helps, Even Napa stores are now selling them.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Alfie Farrand wrote: March 26th, 2022, 11:52 am I had a CatClamp installed on my 2004 Concourse. I used the high end unit because I’m getting ready for a long trip,
This gives me a little more confidence. Hope this helps, Even Napa stores are now selling them.
Did you get CCHDC400350-18X6 Heavy Duty Commercial for Large Ford Exhausts, Pipe Size 4″ & 3.5″, and how long was install? My 2001 Concourse tailpipe is close to 3.25"

Thanks
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Alfie Farrand

Post by Alfie Farrand »

The CatClamp I had installed was the model # CCM175300-40 heavy duty unit for a 3” pipe not sure if this will help you.
The install took about 1 hour.

CatClamp.com

Thanks
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

Currently in Longmont CO for an extended stay (new granddaughter), staying in an Airbnb and parking the Rig on a residential street. Within the first week of being here, I heard of three incidents of catalytic converter theft from our daughter’s friends. So, after reading through these posts again and doing more web research on various devices, I also settled on the CatClamp CCM175300-40 MAAX. I ordered it online (arrived within 3 days), and had it installed today at a locally owned independent muffler shop. The install took about 2 1/2 hours and cost me $200–so $600 all-in.
Very happy with the results…tight, and cleanly secured to the frame. Test drive it…no rattles and clearance not affected.
Pictures attached.
David
Attachments
IMG_0494.jpeg
IMG_0495.jpeg
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

So far, I only have one converter stolen off my Nissan, and other reports are mostly on the Japanese cars and vans. The local police suggest to have the VIN etched on it (free service from a few local shops), but it is only good if they find the converter intact before they remove the matrix, and before I got the stolen one replaced.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis